Chest Wall and Sternum Fracture Fixation
RibLoc® U Plus Chest Wall Plating System
Rib and sternum fractures are common in cases of severe trauma, such as a motor vehicle accident. The Acute Innovations RibLoc U Plus Chest Wall Plating System is intended to stabilize and provide fixation for fractures, fusions, and osteotomies of the ribs, and for reconstructions of the chest wall and sternum.
Chest Wall Solutions
- BioBridge® Resorbable Chest Wall Stabilization Plate
- Flexible and can be stacked or trimmed for increased rigidity and/or length
- RibLoc U Plus Plates
- U-shaped plates
- 50, 75, 115, 155, and 215 mm lengths.
- 2.7 mm bi-cortical color-coded screws, 6, 8,10,12, and 14 mm lengths
- U-shaped plates
Plates are designed to sit on the superior aspect of the rib, avoiding the neurovascular bundle.1
Anterior and Posterior Locking
The U-clips are designed to minimize stress on the rib by distributing physiologic loads over a greater surface area. Once the screws are engaged and fixed to the cortices of the bone, the plate locks both anteriorly and posteriorly
Sternum Fracture Fixation
- Custom fit with compressible u-clips to match the rib thickness.
- Most comprehensive system by offering patent U-plates, and straight plates in one system Anterior and posterior screw locking fixation.
- Offers low-profile and 90 degree instrumentation allowing access under the scapula or minimally.
Chest Wall Reconstruction
The reconstruction technique2 using BioBridge provides long-term chest wall stability through bone healing and/or soft tissue scarring.
- Osteotomy Stabilization
- Costochondral junction repair
- Chest Wall Reconstruction
- Pectus Repair
1. Data on file at Acumed
2. BioBridge Resorbable Chest Wall Stabilization Plate Chest Wall Reconstruction Surgical Technique (RRP7120)
Straight Plate Solutions
- The straight plate offers fixation for transverse sternal fractures.
The U Plus 90 Instrumentation System
Provides a comprehensive solution to plating ribs in limited access locations. The low-profile and 90° instrumentation facilitates fixation of subscapular, posterior, and anterolateral fractures through minimally invasive approaches.
RibLoc U + and RibLoc U + 90
- Acumed RibLoc U Plus Brochure
- Acute Innovations All Products Brochure
- Acute Innovations RibLoc U Plus Surgical Technique
- RibLoc U Plus 90 Instrumentation Amadeo Surgical Technique
- RibLoc U Plus 90 Instrumentation Implantmed Surgical Technique
- RibLoc U Plus Chest Wall Plating System Sternum Fracture Surgical Technique
- RibLoc U Plus Muscle-Sparing and Subscapular Rib Fracture Repair Surgical Technique
- Acute Innovations AcuTie II Brochure
- Acute Innovations AcuTie II Surgical Technique
- Acute Innovations BioBridge Brochure
- Acute Innovations BioBridge Chest Wall Reconstruction Surgical Technique
- Acute Innovations BioBridge Open Pectus Repair Surgical Technique